Have you started your journey to Get Slim for Summer? We began this campaign last week, so some of you may still be waiting for your transformation kit to arrive. Others of you may have not ordered your kit yet, but it’s not too late! Join us in our quest to have a beach-ready body by the time summer officially arrives. We’ll be posting weekly GSS-themed articles, so stay tuned for ideas, recipes, and more!
To kick things off, we are going to focus on some of the most basic and important tips to Get Slim for Summer.
1. Eat five times per day: If you are following the BBS, you should already be doing this. We understand that this concept sounds counter-productive, but contrary to popular belief, eating five or six small meals per day is more beneficial for weight loss than eating 3 large meals. Although, you should try to make sure you’re reducing your total daily food intake. Following the Better Body System you should have two YES shakes per day and two snacks that are 2-4 ounces of protein each. OR, if you are on a meal day, you would replace one of your protein snacks with a 500-600 calorie meal. Spreading out your meals will help increase your metabolism and prevent your body from going into starvation mode – causing it to store fat.
2. Drink a lot (and we mean a LOT) of water: The BBS suggests that your daily water intake should be half of your weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 180 lb., you should drink 90 oz. of water per day. Be sure to combine your water intake with drinks like Yoli’s Passion to cut unnecessary sugar from your diet and help stimulate your metabolism.
3. Never skip a meal: Skipping a meal may seem like a good idea, but it actually causes your body to kick into starvation mode. When this happens, your body will store fat in attempt to plan for future energy.
4. Use smaller plates: Have a big party or BBQ coming up? Using a smaller plate can help you help you control your portions, and give you the illusion that you are eating more food than you really are.
5. Limit yourself: If you can’t limit yourself when eating “pickable” foods like nuts, grapes, veggies, etc., choose things that are a single portion such as, string cheese, handheld fruits, nut packets, etc. Allow yourself access to only 2-4 ounces and once it’s gone, it’s gone.
6. Have a small snack before going to a party: Summer is known for parties and BBQ’s, don’t hesitate to eat a small snack before you go. Partying on an empty stomach can be detrimental to your progress. If you are full, you will be less inclined to snack on all of the goodies.
What has worked for you? Share your own suggestions with us by adding to “REPLY” at the top of this page.
(excerpts from Yoli blog)
This is our TRANSFORMATION…
We’ve made great progress haven’t we? Our lifestyle has blossomed into optimal health. We are eating healthier, enjoying more activity. We love biking and will be doing the Katy Trail here in Missouri soon. Check out Geni’s Eureka Moment in previous blog post… YOLI & Me .
Our desire is to work with you in your TRANSFORMATION, to help you discover your Eureka Moment.
We are Luther & Geni Witt, and we are here for YOU!
You may contact us at 816.808.1151 or at Live Well Be Well
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.